Saturday, October 19, 2013

10-7-2013



Pre-Trading Notes:

1.  FOCUS ON YOUR TREND LINES!!!!  THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!  If you mess this up then you will definitely have a losing day.

Post Trading Notes:

Still having a really hard drawing the correct trend lines.  Cost me 3 losing trades today.  This is the only thing I am going to focus on until I have it mastered.

Dang it!  I used the wrong measured move and it screwed me up big time.  Instead of using the measured move from the trend line to give me the 3rd (lowest) trend line I used the measured move from the range.  Should have used the range one.  Have to remember to use the trend one first.  This would have saved me several losing trades b/c I was looking at price trying to go down to the measured move from the range and not on the trend line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still struggling but that is to be expected from the long layoff.  As mentioned in the above paragragh I totally screwed up that part by not using the correct measurements.
Mack's lines are in black.

Mack's Notes:

1.  The longer you do this the thrill of trading will begin to fade and become more boring.  This is good b/c it means you are getting your emotions under control and that you need to take a break to refresh yourself then come back.
2.  There is always a channel and if you look hard enough you will find it.

Trades:

1.  8:58 - Failed 2nd entry short off of the EMA.  I should have waited for the 2 legged pullback and 2nd entry long off of the EMA.  I took both contracts out at a scalp b/c that was near the top of the trend line.
2.  10:01 - Thought it was a 2nd entry long off of the trend line and EMA.
3.  10:16 - 2nd entry long off of the lower trend channel after price had made a 2 legged measured move down to the lower trend line.  I missed the original entry but got in 2 bars later.
4.  11:43 - Thought it was a failed 2nd entry long against the support turned resistance.  Was looking to hit the measured move down.  Obviously it was a short trap.
5.  12:00 - 2nd entry short off of the EMA.
6.  12:11 - 2nd entry short off of the EMA.  Obviously I need to go long here.  2 out of 3 shorts have not worked in this area.
7.  12:15 - Failed 2nd entry short
8.  1:11 - 2nd entry lnog off of the EMA.
9.  1:49 - 2nd entry long from the SL but I think I was looking for it too hard and forcing a trade.

Missed Trades:

1.  8:34 - 2nd entry long
2.  8:41 - 2nd entry long and a failed 2nd entry short
3.  9:05 - 2nd entry short off of the lower trend line
4.  9:20 - Failed 2nd entry short
5.  10:46 - Failed 2nd entry short
6.  11:39 - 2nd entry long off of the lower trend line
7.  12:11 - 2nd entry long off of the lower trend line

No comments:

Post a Comment